You may recall that last year I decided to set myself some writing goals, which unfortunately, for the most part, I failed at miserably. Rather than letting that defeat me, however, I thought I would set myself some goals again this year, with a view to helping me focus. I no longer have study taking up my writing time, but I do have Netflix distractions, so I need to find some balance and set out to achieve. I keep talking about wanting to write, but rarely do I set aside time to do so, so I really need to stop procrastinating and start doing! You might therefore notice that a lot of these have carried over from last year.
In no particular order, my writing goals for 2018 are:
- Blog at least once a week on each of my blogs (my second one being my book reviews blog). As you can see I failed at this in week one here, but I did write on my other blog last week, and honestly, the first week of January doesn’t count, surely 😛
- Send monthly newsletters to my subscribers. I don’t have many subscribers at the moment, but I’d like to be in touch with those who are. (There’s a link to subscribe to my newsletter on the left sidebar if you like).
- Work on a story at least once a week. Again, I missed week one, but there is no reason I should miss week two.
- Journal every day. I’ve been sticking to this so far.
- Attend at least a day at Adelaide Writers’ Week. This is my favourite time of the year, so unless I get sick, I should easily be able to attend for at least one day.
- Send a letter or an email to an author who inspires me. I didn’t get around to this last year, for no acceptable reason.
- Participate in NaNoWriMo. Hopefully this time I last longer than 6 days!
How did you go with your goals last year? Have you made any for 2018?